Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > Hollow Point Media > Pictures & Videos

Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
VNEMUS
I'd rather be @ the track

Default Track Video from "SVT Superfest" down at Virginia International Raceway 5-26-13

I feel like this has been the worst overall winter I can recall in recent years and its not even close to being over! Winter boredom has me recalling better days at past track events with friends.

I haven't posted in a while and just figured a few of you might enjoy watching some of my fastest laps from my trip down to Virginia International Raceway and the SVT Cobra Mustang Club's "SVT Superfest" 3 day HPDE track event:

My in-car video set-up is a little old and mounted to my roll bar, so it doesn't exactly give you the feeling you are are going as fast as you really are. Here are some points of reference when watching the video:

- This is the Advanced Run Group.
- I've been tracking my 2001 N/A Cobra since 2007. It has "a few" suspension and chassis modifications.
- This was my 6th track day (approximately 12 hours of seat time) at VIR

- at 0:53 I am heading toward a section of the track called the "uphill esses", where I'm doing about 117mph before I slightly breath out of the throttle and start my turn-in.

- at 1:39 I am heading down a section of the track called the "back straight" where I'm at approximately 133 mph. I have 3:73 gears and in 4th gear at 6400rpms. I'm essentially maxed out. It is useless for me to use 5th gear in my car because on the long straights it never nets me more mph or faster lap times.

- at 1:46 I come up on a late 60's Mustang that has been fully prepped by Griggs Racing. This guy was fun to run with that weekend!

- at 2:20 I'm heading down a section of the track called the "front straight" where I'm doing about 131mph before I hit the braking zone down to about 50-52mph and take turn 1.

- at 2:30 I get a little loose mid turn. Tires were starting to get a little greasy feeling and I probably started getting into the throttle a little too hard.

- at 3:37 I come up on a friend of mine in his silver 2013 Corvette Z06 at a part of the track called "Oak Tree". He kindly breathes out of the throttle and points me by. This big old "Oak Tree" that the track routes around was one of the features that really identified this track. Sadly, it was severely struck by lightening this past summer and was removed. I'm glad to have experienced the track when the icon was there. I here the corner is redesigned now.

- at 4:18 I get a little loose again in an area of the track called "hog pen". A mental reminder to myself not to push too hard next time through.

Last edited by VNEMUS; 02-20-2015 at 02:35 PM.
VNEMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
03' whitesnake
11 Second Club

That looks like a blast Craig. Very well done. And passing a vette is always nice

2.8 KB, all the supporting mods. 694 hp / 674 tq on corn and 611 hp/ 602 tq on 93
03' whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

Hell yeah Craig

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
mellis
Fackin destroying tires

Sick! I always loved these vids
Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
VNEMUS
I'd rather be @ the track

Hey guys, check out the updated video in my original post. I've been gathering GPS data for Track Location, MPH, G-Forces and Lap Times for a few years now but never got around to figuring out how to sync my video recordings up with the data until recently, so I went back and re-created the video footage.

I also got a GoPro Hero4 camera recently, a remote mic for better sound and an OBDII transponder that interfaces with my GPS data gathering device, so I anticipate to take much better quality video at track events this year and be able to include RPMs, Gear & Oil Temps, etc. in the video overlays. I also plan to use my old camera for a second picture-in-picture view.
VNEMUS is offline   Reply With Quote