Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Parking Lot > New to HPR

Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
My2003Mach1

Default From NW Connecticut, New to HPR but been around SVTP for yrs

Hello from Connecticut.
I've never written one of these before so go easy on me..
Some would know of me from SVTP. For thoughs of you that do not, My name is Jon (AKA My2003Mach1)
I am an addict. (LoL) horsepower addict that is. I can't stop..

About me;
I am married to an extremely patient and understanding woman that lets me be a boy! Her name is Jaime.
We are expecting our first (and only children), which are going to be identical twin girls!!!

I work in Thomaston, CT as a production test engineer and field service technician for a private company under direction of the US Navy.

We have 3 dogs. Ugh lol two pugs (Forrest & Abigail) and a boxer "Holly Mae"

I'm a stand up type guy, a man of my word, responsible, helpful and carring.

I live in north west Connecticut (Litchfield area) and own a true sleeper, 2003 Mach 1. well it's kind of a sleeper since there is no sneaking up on anyone with this damn procharger big red open race valve.

I bought my Mach 1 from Dillion Ford in Manchester, CT back in February of 2008. It had a Procharger P1-SC on it and a few bolt on goodies and 21,0?? Low miles. It was a well kept, very clean one owner mustang.

FFWRD 5 years and a "shit load" invested into it and I got myself a pretty stout Mach 1.
I have had it tuned by the best IMO by Pete at performance Dyno. He has mildy tuned my Mach 1 to 828 rwhp (17 degrees timing, 20 lbs boost, E85)

I trust Pete. He does quality work. Most of all I feel when your spending money your not only buying a product or service, your paying for peace of mind. I get that when I deal with Pete. I never ever left Pete's shop or Dan of (Dans automotive (adjacent garage) feeling that I was F@&$k'd lol like I have when dealing with other shops.

The Mach 1's most recent mod. is a viper spec T56 transmission w/ a McLeod twin disc clutch (RTX) and a Fidanza aluminum flywheel.
I had a couple of stand up guys from SVTP help me with the swap. Dan (eviltwins344) and Tom (SVTmystic290). I couldn't have done the swap without their help.

I don't think there are any more changes in the near future, so other than a set of track sneakers there isn't much more that I can do or that my wife will tolerate.

Feel free to lmk of any hang outs, car shows or events. I'm thinking about attending the Dyno day that is coming up. Pete (aka Thecat033) told me about.
I'm still on the fence being that I'm particular about anyone touching my car.
I'm not sure most of these guys have enough experiance handling a car with "stupid" horsepower LoL this damn car scares me and Pete (from performance Dyno)

Anyway. Hi fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
When I was at Pete's, I asked him if he had tuned any cars that ever scared him while on the Dyno and he mentioned only yours. That's truly impressive and certainly a feather in your cap.
My2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
candyroush

Welcome. Saw the car at Mustangs Unlimited, love it. Post some pics of that bad larry! Love Boxers btw...
Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
2001Bullitt
I <3 Corn

Welcome man, you will find that most of us do know you from svtp lol. Didn't get a chance to see your car as you were leaving when we arrived. Heard all about it though, and your issues with the old motor...

2001 Bullitt #1701.... Borla Stinger exhaust, 70mm Turbo,UPR k-member,UPR lower front control arms, UPR coilover kit, UPR bumpsteer and rack bushings, UPR caster/camber plates, steeda rear lower control arms, SLP line lock, MGW shifter, 10.5 Black bullitts, 373s, SCT tuned, Anderson F52 blower cams, yada yada 373Hp/393Tq on 6lbs.....

1997 Jeep Cherokee. 4.0 5-spd 3inch lift on 31s. 224k and still going stong! Ford Fuel injector mod, high flow cat, magnaflow exhaust, FOR SALE!!!
2001Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
robs400
Still Slow

Welcome Dude, looks like a pretty sweet setup you have there....that's great you have an understanding wife as well!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

Welcome Jon, nicely written post, glad to have you on the site!!

P.S. have no fear about the Dyno day, I understand your hesitation as we all feel the same way about our cars and who is handling them, but the guys at GSD are great. The owner personally has a 1000 hp supra and has tuned tons of high hp vehicle. They recently built a KB Viper, along with a bunch of other crazy shit too.

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyroush View Post
Welcome. Saw the car at Mustangs Unlimited, love it. Post some pics of that bad larry! Love Boxers btw...
Will do on the pictures... I have a YouTube page with a few videos of Dyno pulls at performance Dyno and a few of my wife doing fly byes keep in mind it's a woman flyby only because if she had the camera end she always cuts it off at the best moments of the video
I think she does it on purpose lol kidding

I'm going to be having a photo shoot done by Mooch ( from SVTP) in the next few weeks.
Also since its time for new Mickey's I'm wanting to try out my line lock lol and a couple of go pros

Quote:
When I was at Pete's, I asked him if he had tuned any cars that ever scared him while on the Dyno and he mentioned only yours. That's truly impressive and certainly a feather in your cap.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs400 View Post
Welcome Dude, looks like a pretty sweet setup you have there....that's great you have an understanding wife as well!
Thank you... Yeah my wife really tries to get the whole race car more horsepower thing lol
Funny thing. Every time I show her a picture or video of someone hanging the front wheels or doing a nasty ass burn out she says "I don't like that" lol

She is the practical one lol

Quote:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001Bullitt View Post
Welcome man, you will find that most of us do know you from svtp lol. Didn't get a chance to see your car as you were leaving when we arrived. Heard all about it though, and your issues with the old motor...
Yeah man I saw you pull in and park
I was going to try and talk to you but the guy came over to tell you to move your car over. You parked next to the food and MU store entrance.

Hope to get a chance to talk to ya at a show sometime.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCat033 View Post
Welcome Jon, nicely written post, glad to have you on the site!!

P.S. have no fear about the Dyno day, I understand your hesitation as we all feel the same way about our cars and who is handling them, but the guys at GSD are great. The owner personally has a 1000 hp supra and has tuned tons of high hp vehicle. They recently built a KB Viper, along with a bunch of other crazy shit too.
Peeeeete! Your friggin funny. Damn still laughin over $5!

Thanks so much for turning me onto the site.
I am definatly considering attending I'm going to ask a buddy to borrow a trailer this weekend.

Text me anytime Pete

Quote:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
2001Bullitt
I <3 Corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2003Mach1 View Post
Yeah man I saw you pull in and park
I was going to try and talk to you but the guy came over to tell you to move your car over. You parked next to the food and MU store entrance.

Hope to get a chance to talk to ya at a show sometime.
I think you have me confused with another Bullitt lol. We were parked right behind the speakers in the center, we had 6 cars in a row. There was 2 other bullitts there by where you were saying

2001 Bullitt #1701.... Borla Stinger exhaust, 70mm Turbo,UPR k-member,UPR lower front control arms, UPR coilover kit, UPR bumpsteer and rack bushings, UPR caster/camber plates, steeda rear lower control arms, SLP line lock, MGW shifter, 10.5 Black bullitts, 373s, SCT tuned, Anderson F52 blower cams, yada yada 373Hp/393Tq on 6lbs.....

1997 Jeep Cherokee. 4.0 5-spd 3inch lift on 31s. 224k and still going stong! Ford Fuel injector mod, high flow cat, magnaflow exhaust, FOR SALE!!!
2001Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
gtmustang00

Welcome to the site! I wouldn't worry about them dynoing a car with you there. Just wouldn't have them work on anything, let alone my lawn mower (won't get into it in your thread)!

I saw your car at Pete's i believe last year or 2 years ago. Very clean car.

89 mustang gt, Just your average built race motor.
gtmustang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001Bullitt View Post
I think you have me confused with another Bullitt lol. We were parked right behind the speakers in the center, we had 6 cars in a row. There was 2 other bullitts there by where you were saying
Oh maybe so lol thought it was you sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmustang00 View Post
Welcome to the site! I wouldn't worry about them dynoing a car with you there. Just wouldn't have them work on anything, let alone my lawn mower (won't get into it in your thread)!

I saw your car at Pete's i believe last year or 2 years ago. Very clean car.
Thank you

Yeah my car was there for a few months
And thank you for the heads up
Only reason that I def not go is if it was a moble Dyno lol
My car would move that thing! It be like a roller skate giving a Mach 1 a piggy back ride lol

Those that say that those moble units are anchored down pretty good have not seen my car on a stationary Dyno lol

Quote:
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
Blackrat02

Pete is the man I wouldn't let anyone else Dino my stuff either
Old 05-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
03' whitesnake
11 Second Club

Welcome. I got a boxer too, Rocco.

2.8 KB, all the supporting mods. 694 hp / 674 tq on corn and 611 hp/ 602 tq on 93
03' whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
My2003Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03' whitesnake View Post
Welcome. I got a boxer too, Rocco.
Nice I love boxers. They are great with children and very protective.

this is Holly Mae... She is 71 LBS

Quote: