Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Garage > Member Builds

Old 06-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
2kgoldstang

Default kenne bell 2v mustang

hey guys so i have been trying to find time to put my build thread on here for a while now. i have been taking pictures throughout the whole thing. i bought the car back in 09 it was pretty much stock had an intake and an exhaust. right away wasn't enough for me and i ended up putting a saleen IV series supercharger on it. it made 328rwhp 349rwt which i was very happy with at the time but the motor had just just hit 100,000 and i wasn't very easy on it could feel it losing power. so before something went in the motor and ruin the blower i took it off and sold it. figured i would put a 100 shot wet kit on the car to keep me happy through the summer i knew the motor wasnt going to last but i had big plans anyway so i planed on buying a new motor in the future. it lasted all of 10 mins with the nitrous on it.

this is how the car was while i had the supercharger on it.

so i pulled the motor and sure enough...

so i decided to get a bigger supercharger and build the motor. so the first thing i bought was a kenne bell 2.6 so i couldn't change my mind there's no turning back now. it has all 8 rib pilleys set up for 21lbs of boost

Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
2kgoldstang

since the motor was out and the car was sitting while i saved up some money i decided to do some work to the engine bay and bought some scott rad inner fenders.

welded them in and did all the body work myself. then i had a budy of mine thats a painter come and spray the right in my garage. im pretty happy with the way they came out

Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
2kgoldstang

gutted the interior and got it ready for the 6 point s&w roll bar.

bought some cobeau seats and put them in he car so when the roll bar was bein installed he could tweak it to fit just righ around the seats and doors. came out pretty sweet.

also while he was welding i had him weld in my maximum motorsports subfame connectiors.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
2kgoldstang

then had the rearend all built. 3.73 gears, strange 35 spline axles, c clip eliminators, and a mini spool.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
wheels
HOGAS

wow looks very nice
nice build

that blower is very clean and shiny going to be a PITA to keep it looking like that

so have you got the motor in yet or are you at where the pictures show it??
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
2kgoldstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
wow looks very nice
nice build

that blower is very clean and shiny going to be a PITA to keep it looking like that

so have you got the motor in yet or are you at where the pictures show it??
thanks. no the motors not in yet i dont even have one yet i have decided to just buy a shortblock. im up in the air about what one. i was looking at shraders 850 im thinking about going with that. i should have the money for it at the end of the week. buut i was also thinking about going alminum but dont know if i want to spend that much xtra for ony 75lb weight loss. as for the pictures i have most of the suspension back in i will be getting to posting them up soon.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
wheels
HOGAS

talk to pete because i know that he just rebuilt a block he bought but tedisk blocks are the way to go.. you can put more power at them holding up better then a reg block
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kgoldstang View Post
thanks. no the motors not in yet i dont even have one yet i have decided to just buy a shortblock. im up in the air about what one. i was looking at shraders 850 im thinking about going with that. i should have the money for it at the end of the week. buut i was also thinking about going alminum but dont know if i want to spend that much xtra for ony 75lb weight loss. as for the pictures i have most of the suspension back in i will be getting to posting them up soon.
Nice build dude, good luck with the rest of it....I would definitely urge you to work with Steve, he built my long block and I'm nothing but 100% satisfied all around. Depending on how much power you plan on making he will talk you out of the aluminum block, he did in my case.

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
mellis
Fackin destroying tires

Holy hell thats gonna be sick when its done! Nice work man!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
2kgoldstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCat033 View Post
Nice build dude, good luck with the rest of it....I would definitely urge you to work with Steve, he built my long block and I'm nothing but 100% satisfied all around. Depending on how much power you plan on making he will talk you out of the aluminum block, he did in my case.
thanks for the advise. i was planning on going with them ive heard good things. as for power numbers i dont know. im planning on low compression motor, probly a mild blower cam, trick flow twisted wedge heads, kenne bell 2.6 with 21psi, and water/meth injection through a th400. Any guesses? im thinking somewhere between 550 and 650
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

Cool man yeah that sounds like somewhere in the ball park. At that power level he'll probably give you the green light on the aluminum block if that's what you wanna do it's when you get way up there in power that the iron block is the better choice. Something to discuss with him, he's really good about answering questions and knows a ton about these mod motors.

On a side note I remember reading somewhere that there's a few modifications that need to be done to use the KB with the TFS heads can't remember exactly, I believe just a few easily remedied clearance issues, just something to research ahead of time.

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
2kgoldstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCat033 View Post
Cool man yeah that sounds like somewhere in the ball park. At that power level he'll probably give you the green light on the aluminum block if that's what you wanna do it's when you get way up there in power that the iron block is the better choice. Something to discuss with him, he's really good about answering questions and knows a ton about these mod motors.

On a side note I remember reading somewhere that there's a few modifications that need to be done to use the KB with the TFS heads can't remember exactly, I believe just a few easily remedied clearance issues, just something to research ahead of time.
ok thanks for the heads up ill take a look into that.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
2kgoldstang

havent made as much progress on the car as i would have liked. been real busy between work and helping a friend get his fireturd ready for the summer nats but i have most of the suspension in now.

in the front i have maximum motorsports k member with tokiko d spec 10 way adjustable struts and 175lb coils.

in the rear im running mm heavy duty adjustable lower control arms, mm heavy duty torque arm, mm panhard bar. with tokiko d spec rear shocks and h&R race rear coils.

just have to weld in the rear swaybar now and the suspension will be done. went to weld it in the other day and ran out of gas
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
BigJohnson
Doing Boss Things

looks good man, is that the shop right next to rt 49 and across from dunkin donuts?
1997 GT
BigJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
candyroush

Nice job with quality parts!