Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Parking Lot > Hollow Point Bar

Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
robs400
Still Slow

Default Powder Coat and Water Jet

Hey Guys - Been a while. I ended up at a new company this past summer/fall as the company I was at was purchased by another local company. I wanted to wait a bit before I posted anything to make sure the job and situation in general was going to work out. So far so good.

The new company I am at has some pretty cool equipment and I thought I would just post in here quick in case any of you guys might be interested in getting some parts powder coated or anything waterjet.

THe powder coat line we have set up here is primarily for rims. AS you can see from the pics we deal with a steady line of work for large truck rims. They get dropped off by the 100's and we blast them, coat them in zinc, and then powder them in all different colors. We have quite a few people stop in that also drop off there personal rims - especially this time of year with people dropping off rusty steel winter rims to have them powder coated. We also just had a guy drop off brake calipers for his corvette...and that got me to start thinking that maybe you guys would be interested.

We also have a water jet machine here. I typically am the guy that does the drawing that gets loaded into the machine, so if you have any questions or ideas let me know. We deal with all types of material as well as thickness, so it cant hurt to bounce an idea off of me if your interested.

Hope the holidays are going well for everyone, if you want to contact me regarding pricing send me a PM or email me a robbie@quabbininc.com.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Very nice, any idea of pricing to strip and coat a set of wheels?

2004 Subaru Forester XT - Built Motor(Weisco,eagle,king,Sti crank/cams/heads/oil pump) 332whp/334wtq @20lbs w/slipping clutch.
1982 VW Rabbit - Gti swap , Built Head(P&P,valve job, 272 cam,shaved head) , Polly bushing everywhere , custom widend OEM steelies .
1990 VW Corrado- Fully built 16vT, engine on a stand waiting for money.
Boosted SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
03' whitesnake
11 Second Club

Nice. Pete and I were just talking about having some coolant expansion tanks powder coated.

Is it a batch price or by the size of an item?

2.8 KB, all the supporting mods. 694 hp / 674 tq on corn and 611 hp/ 602 tq on 93
03' whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
robs400
Still Slow

we are just starting to get into items other than rims so you could send me a pic and what the material is and i can get you a price. to blast a standard rim and coat it is $30...if you want a layer of zinc under the powder they are $39.50. we zinc almost all the rims..but they are largely used jn a commercial type environment
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

That's awesome Robbie, Chris and I were looking to get a few aluminum coolant tanks powder coated

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
03' whitesnake
11 Second Club

Sweet. Thats not bad at all.

2.8 KB, all the supporting mods. 694 hp / 674 tq on corn and 611 hp/ 602 tq on 93
03' whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote