Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Garage > The Garage

Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
Duff Daddy

i was tuned by dez, kind of annoyed by the locked tune i cant even change my pinion factor BUT..... wouldnt say anything bad about the tune he did.... just part of the game i guess ....

Duff Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
Shame302
I Love Your Mom

yeah, having your tuner locked, at least to me would be unacceptable. I understand the dude wants to protect his tune but that's a no-go for me.
Shame302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
KB03SRA
Big Money Heavyweight
10 Second Club

One tuner is not able to read other tuners tunes. He does it so people can't mess with his tune.
KB03SRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #19
mustang2002

Dez here for all my cars i built an no problems at all plus all my tunes were very safe and havent had no issues i guess its all on you but if your asking for my opinon it would be Dez ...

ps: but ive also herd good things about pete in NH
mustang2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #20
SB03cobra
Pimp Slappin Camaros
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB03SRA View Post
One tuner is not able to read other tuners tunes. He does it so people can't mess with his tune.
huh??? if a handheld is unlocked the tune can be tweeked by anyone. which is what he was running into which is absolute bullshit. in my opinion when another "reputable" tuner comes up to you at the track and asks why your car runs as good as it does and tries to hammer info out of you tells me about thier capabilities.

Last edited by SB03cobra; 04-04-2009 at 10:34 PM.
SB03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
SB03cobra
Pimp Slappin Camaros
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame302 View Post
yeah, having your tuner locked, at least to me would be unacceptable. I understand the dude wants to protect his tune but that's a no-go for me.
why??? if your gonna play with the tune you should know enough to tune the car yourself.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #22
BluMach03
go fuck ya self
12 Second Club

Quote:
I would be much less concerned if i had a terminator. I'm running an FRPP 00' cobra engine (basically an 01').
how would you be less concerned?? boost = more chance of a problem?! but whatever... be tuned by whoever you wish...
Old 04-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #23
Shame302
I Love Your Mom

Quote:
I totally understand and respect that the guy doesn't want someone messing with his tune.

Quote:
why??? if your gonna play with the tune you should know enough to tune the car yourself.
Right, Well, it is my understanding that once a tuner is locked, you cant do anything with it, only the tuner can. Does this include ALL of the hand helds parameters or just the engine tune itself? What if the guys shop goes under or something else happens? Now i have a tune in my car and a tuner i cant do anything with. A stretch i know but basically, the guy has you by the balls. Rather in convenient if i want to turn pats off for a new cluster or try a different set of gears.

Im sure he is a great tuner and i'm not against using him totally. I'm certainly not bad mouthing anyone either. I never have had my car tuned and I don't know any tuners personally. Thats why im asking about these guys/shops. I think its just funny how but hurt people get about there own "guy". Relax and have a fair discussion all ready.

Personally, with DEZ i have heard of more than one car that either didnt start at the shop when the owner came to pick it up after a tune or another who had to go right back to him for a re-tune because of driveability issues.

I have heard all positive feedback on "Pete"

Quote:
how would you be less concerned?? boost = more chance of a problem?! but whatever... be tuned by whoever you wish...
well NO shit, but you would have to agree that some tuners are more talented, some care, some dont, and some will be more aggressive than others who are more conservative. IF i install a blower on my car it potentially makes more than enough boost to pop my engine in one pull. Im sure you can differentiate between a "safe" tune and "on borrowed time" tune.

i would be less concerned with a RWHP figure around 375-400 with a safe AF than i would one closer to 450-475.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #24
BluMach03
go fuck ya self
12 Second Club

Quote:
Personally, with DEZ i have heard of more than one car that either didnt start at the shop when the owner came to pick it up after a tune or another who had to go right back to him for a re-tune because of driveability issues.

I have heard all positive feedback on "Pete"
well when dez starts askin people why thier car goes as well as it does at the track, me an fran will change our tuner hahahahahahahahaha
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #25
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

I'll leave this one alone, but for what its worth i've gotten good tunes out of both Pete @ Perf Dyno and Outlaw Dyno (who have apparently closed their doors) both Pete and Doug are great guys and helped me out alot......i've also met mike dez on a bunch of ocaisions, he's never tuned my car but seems like a great guy and obv very knowlegable, wouldn't hesitate to tune with him....

recently i've hearing good things about EFI Logics down in CT as well.

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
SB03cobra
Pimp Slappin Camaros
11 Second Club

Quote:

well NO shit, but you would have to agree that some tuners are more talented, some care, some dont, and some will be more aggressive than others who are more conservative.
i dont think talent has anything to do with coping a tune and pasting it and maybe making a few minor adjustments. i think that talent is starting from scratch and building your own tune that works.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #27
blackmustanggt96

my friend just got his procharged gt tuned by dez racing and it runs awesome and the kid is very happy with it
Old 04-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #28
Shame302
I Love Your Mom

Quote:
i dont think talent has anything to do with coping a tune and pasting it and maybe making a few minor adjustments. i think that talent is starting from scratch and building your own tune that works.
So out with it then, if you have something to say than say it, why beat around the bush and make us read between the lines?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #29
SB03cobra
Pimp Slappin Camaros
11 Second Club

Quote:
So out with it then, if you have something to say than say it, why beat around the bush and make us read between the lines?
you dont have to read between the lines it says it right there in plain english.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #30
KB03SRA
Big Money Heavyweight
10 Second Club

I have never had an issue or seen an issue with Pete. I have watched DEZ start replacing sensors without checking voltage. Let alone when Big S tuned the cam and heads there his car would not start and we had to push it around back for "Further Tuning". JUNK. DEZ is a great dude and I would tune with him if pete was busy!
KB03SRA is offline   Reply With Quote