Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Garage > The Garage

Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
KB03SRA
Big Money Heavyweight
10 Second Club

odd how the primary chain goes to the intake cam not the exhaust cam. How much do the mustang parts interchange?
KB03SRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #17
Sully

not much! Motor wise these 3.9's are all alone. they arent part of the modular family. Im finding that the 05+ has some other goodies that swap though. I know they loosley built the new stangs off the LS platform and some of the parts are exact p/n's

that being said, some of the stuff from the performance world can be made to work. Termi and lightning MAFs, 8.8 lockers, 4.6 2v coils and tb... and im sure more that i havent found yet. Working on these cars is part car guy part mad scientist. You have keep experimenting with stuff and taking measurements.

2001 LS V8 Sport 350rwhp

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
04DSGMACH1

lookin good
Old 03-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
Sully

i made a couple passes at about a 1/4 mile on some back roads today. I have the heavy 20's on, but she still feels much better than last season! Most of the summer I had atleast one cyl down due to coil issues. Now I have all 8 up and running with a little power each and DAYUM does she shit n git now! If I can keep her running this good or better all year, then a 12sec pass should be no problem. Just put the light stocks on and add some pre mixed nitrogen and oxygen. I'd love to get her to the 13's off the bottle, but idk. To date the best NA LS of my generation is a 14.3 so it might be rough hitting the 13 mark. If I can save up my pennies for that stall I keep drueling all over then it should help me get out of the hole 110% better so i may get some decent NA et's. only one way to find out and Apr 4 is opening day!

2001 LS V8 Sport 350rwhp

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #20
KB03SRA
Big Money Heavyweight
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
not much! Motor wise these 3.9's are all alone. they arent part of the modular family. Im finding that the 05+ has some other goodies that swap though. I know they loosley built the new stangs off the LS platform and some of the parts are exact p/n's

that being said, some of the stuff from the performance world can be made to work. Termi and lightning MAFs, 8.8 lockers, 4.6 2v coils and tb... and im sure more that i havent found yet. Working on these cars is part car guy part mad scientist. You have keep experimenting with stuff and taking measurements.
So Like i thought it's more like the SHO yamaha based engine.
KB03SRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
Sully

idk. never worked on the SHO's. i do know that the jag 4.0 is her closest relative.

2001 LS V8 Sport 350rwhp