Hollow Point Racing  

Instagram

-- WELCOME TO HOLLOW POINT RACING --    --
Go Back   Hollow Point Racing > The Parking Lot > New to HPR

Old 10-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Default Small motor from NH

Hey guys/gals , I'm Shawn. I was at your show last weekend in the Lesmobile. Heard about you guys through Facebook and a couple of your member. I'm Shawn @ nemotorsport on facebook . I own and operate NEMotorsport.com .

I currently drive a 04 Subaru Forester XT . Not my first choice but my R32 was totaled and my GF was pregnant so I needed a replacement that was Fun/had space/worked all year. Car has been nothing but a nightmare since I bought it . I'm like 4 turbo's in and on the 2 motor build. But so far everything seems good.

Most of you probably don't.know but the XT is basically a STI in wagon form. Stock it just has a smaller turbo/ic/catted up pipe/down pipe. So change.those and you have an STI . Stock they make 210hp and 235tq at the crank , not to bad but nothing.to right home about.

Mine currently ...

Freshly built motor
Wiseco pistons
Eagle rods
2011 sti crank
King main/rod bearings
2011 sti heads
2004 sti cams
DW 850cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Tgv deletes
2008 sti oil pump
Sti header
Catless up pipe
Belmouth catless down pipe
Full 3in non resonated exhaust
Fp green hta turbo w/ 3in inlet 8cm hotside. (59lb/min)
Sti springs/struts
18x8.75 XXR wheels
Hid headlight and Fogs

That about it. Oh group N pitch mount and trani mount , Kenwood touch screen.. blah blah blah

All anyone really cares about....

I should have made more but my crappy Comp clutch won't hold anymore . It's barely holding that really .
Boosted SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Oh yea.. the hoodscoop before anyone asks. The.stock scoop is.very small and if for.the.stock IC. The sti has a lawyer scoop ans IC. So I happened to pick up a sti shroud but I still need a sti scoop to go over it. People want dumb money for them and since I just built the motor I'm broke. Been trying to find a used one but ill probably break down and buy a eBay one or something.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
MustangGirl

Hi.. Welcome. this is a great group.

MustangGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
fieldy301
Ginger

Welcome to the site man...Subies are cool cars, I have always wanted a legit one...Thats a pretty badass wagon if I do say so myself...AND it made more power then my car...by 2hp
Old 10-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Thanks man. That's clutch limited too. Should make 350-360 to the wheels if I change the clutch. Competition Clutch is kind of dicking me a round. I have there stage 2 which is rated for 80% over stock. That are telling me that the stage 2 I have is there old design that only rated for 300wheeltq . Co.conveniently they say the clutch design was changed 2 months after I bought it. Either way I know I didn't buy a clutch rated for 300 cause that would be dumb.

They are willing to help me but I have to send them my old clutch and have them inspect it. Then they will sell me a new clutch at a decent discount. Cool and not cool at the same time. For about $80 more then there discount I can just buy the new clutch from my buddy and not have.to send them mine and be down a week without the car.

Sorry for the rant...lol

It's I nice grocery getter that will upset some people. Lol. Problem is getting people to try..lol
Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Here is a video from a couple years ago before the bolt motor and a smaller turbo. You guys will enjoy my Buddies cobra more I'm sure..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWeW...e_gdata_player
Old 10-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Sorry I don't know how to embed videos on your forum.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
fieldy301
Ginger

What about buying the one off your buddy then sending them yours buying another and reselling the one they send you? Maybe recoup some money if you can get a good deal on two...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
mellis
Fackin destroying tires

Welcome to the site man! Thanks for coming to the show, nice wagon you got! It maked some pretty sweet power too. Always wanted a wrx DD haha. They are not cheap though
Old 10-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #10
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldy301 View Post
What about buying the one off your buddy then sending them yours buying another and reselling the one they send you? Maybe recoup some money if you can get a good deal on two...
Yea I was thinking about that but if I had the money to buy 2 clutches I'd just buy a different clutch all together. Comp offered me $300+ shipping for there stage 3 clutch . I can get the stage 3 for $380 I think with shipping included.

It's really just annoying that I have.to take it all apart again. The.clutch has maybe 8,000 miles on it. I would care that it only held 330 but it doesn't hold it in 4th&5th gear. Doesn't even hold my low boost setting 18lbs about 318 I think it is. 4th gear let go on me on my way to work tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellis View Post
Welcome to the site man! Thanks for coming to the show, nice wagon you got! It maked some pretty sweet power too. Always wanted a wrx DD haha. They are not cheap though
Thanks and Thanks for having me . It's not bad . It's really the complete package that makes it nice.

5 speed
4 door
cargo space
ground clearance (even when lowered)
tow hitch
awd
and just enough power to merge onto the highway..lol

I got it done.just in time to take it on our family vacation up north. Couldn't have been happier. Plenty of room for my daughter and all our stuff for the week. How many 400hp sport cars can do that , right?

But my true love is German cars , I don't think ill ever buy another Japanese car after this one. First and only I think..lol

My previous cars

95 M3

04 VW R32

83 GTI which is a lot faster then you'd think..lol

82 rabbit diesel that I swapped everything from the 83 Gti into.

And a 90 corrado G60 that's been sitting for far to long. Have a fully built 16V for it but ran out of money after the build and the stupid Forester has been sucking every penny I have.

and the girls car. It was at the show. 95 M3

Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
candyroush

Welcome good sir
Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

Welcome Shawn, glad to have you on the site and thanks again for coming out last week!

You've done a great job with the subbie, I think the best part about it is that its a wagon, defintely a sleeper for sure and it sounds like it fits all of your needs at the moment. That sucks about the clutch though, if you purchased it from them under the assumption it was rated better its not your fault they changed the design, if thats even true. It should be on them IMO!

p.s. I've seen that cobra from the video around before (not sure what is up with embedding btw, it usually always works )

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
Boosted SUV
NEMotorSport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyroush View Post
Welcome good sir
hey, I know you ..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCat033 View Post
Welcome Shawn, glad to have you on the site and thanks again for coming out last week!

You've done a great job with the subbie, I think the best part about it is that its a wagon, defintely a sleeper for sure and it sounds like it fits all of your needs at the moment. That sucks about the clutch though, if you purchased it from them under the assumption it was rated better its not your fault they changed the design, if thats even true. It should be on them IMO!

p.s. I've seen that cobra from the video around before (not sure what is up with embedding btw, it usually always works )
Thanks Pete. Yea, its much more sleeper with the stock wheels and snow tires though..lol also without the stupid scoop but unfortunately that.is functional so I need it. There is always the option of front mount but then I have to cut the front bumper open.

The thing with the clutch is its their word against mine. I.say I purchased a clutch that said 80% over stock. They are trying to tell me that when I purchased the clutch it did not say.that. it only said 50-60% over stock.

What Ballistic (where I bought my clutch) thinks and I agree. Is.that they were selling the clutch rated.for 80%. Shortly after they found that the clutch was not holding said power and changed the clutch. But how can I prove that? I would need a screen shot of there website in 2011 showing a 80% tq rating..

That was my buddy Georges Cobra, he just sold it a few months ago. He went to a couple mustang meets, he know Raul and Kevin. He's the reason I ended up on SVT performance..lol. that was fun. He.said he raced a Forester and started all types of drama..lol. I'm USS EGO KILLER on svtP ..LOL I was going to use that here but I didn't want to come off like that to you guys..lol

What link usually embeds short link or long? I had the same issue on my forum , people could never make it work right. Now we have like 3 different ways to embed..lol
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
fieldy301
Ginger

So not sure when you bought that clutch...but if you use wayback machine its a free online service that checks archives on a website...I checked Aug 2010...Jun 2011 and Oct 2011....All three times the stage two is advertised at 80% maybe you can throw that at them...
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
TheCat033
The Green Monster
10 Second Club

^^^ I was gonna say that too Fieldy! Worth a shot dude

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293

2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
TheCat033 is offline   Reply With Quote